The 1975 have announced a massive eco-friendly gig at London's Finsbury Park. Tickets are on sale now.
TThe 1975 have announced a monumental one-day show at London’s Finsbury Park on Saturday 11th July, with a supporting line up that includes Charli XCX, Clairo, Pale Waves, Phoebe Bridgers, Beabadoobee, Cavetown and Deb Never.
Billed as The Greenest Show Finsbury Park Has Ever Seen, the gig will implement the following green measures:
• For the first time ever in the UK, planned, traceable sustainably sourced HVO fuel from Europe will be used to power an entire event – bringing down the carbon footprint by 90%
• First paperless show in Finsbury Park – all tickets will be digital
• The 1975 sustainable merch range available at show – fans are encouraged to bring old The 1975 t shirts or those of any other band to be reprinted with new designs
• Festival Republic will plant 1,975 trees throughout the surrounding boroughs of Haringey, Hackney and Islington in partnership with Trees for Cities
• The 1975 have pledged to plant trees across the globe for every ticket sold through One Tree Planted initiative
• Hybrid powered generators with solar arrays will be deployed, along with reducing generator sizes from extensive monitoring carried out in 2019
• Food vendors will operate a traffic light system highlighting the carbon footprint of each meal sold
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW.