10 amazingly funny Country & Western lyrics
When thinking about Country & Western music… the instant thoughts that spring to mind are of the legendary Dolly Parton
The wonderful Dolly has just turned 70, so a big Happy Birthday Dolly from us. You still rock!
And here she is performing the classic ‘Jolene’. Timeless country music right there.
Here at Aloud.com HQ we like to keep an open mind and discover new music so we’ve got into a routine of listening to Downtown Radio Country on Friday afternoons. It’s absolutely brilliant! If you have a DAB radio, you really should have a listen.
We’ve hand picked a selection of the best C&W lyrics of all time: Enjoy!
1. I Wanna Whip Your Cow
2. You’re The Reason Our Baby’s So Ugly
3. Timber, I’m Falling in Love
4. Her Teeth Were Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure
5. He’s Been Drunk Since His Wife’s Gone Punk
6. The Pint of No Return
7. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don’t Love Jesus
8. I Just Bought A Car From The Guy That Stole My Girl, But The Car Don’t Run So I Figure We Got An Even Deal
9. If Whiskey Were A Woman I’d Be Married For Sure
10. I Knew I’d Hit Rock Bottom When I Woke Up On Top Of You
Are you feeling inspired to listen to more Country music now? Yeee haaaa